You’ve worked hard to start and grow your business from the beginning. Whether you are the only employee, manage a team, or have a coworking office space – you want to make sure there is an insurance plan is in place. If there is a possibility of you being sued by a customer who was injured at your work place or you have assets that could be stolen or damaged, you should have a policy in place. Whether the assets are products you make, equipment, furniture, services, cash or retail inventory – they can be protected.
If you work from home you should consult your home, renters or condo insurance policy to see what coverage are excluded. Homeowners insurance products usually do no cover all forms of liability – and there may be no coverage for a in home business. When you move out of your home office and lease a commercial space most landlords will require you have general liability insurance policy.
What is General Liability Insurance?
General Liability: Can cover costs related to litigation if a customer or other third party files suit against you or your employees. If a visitor slips and falls at your place of business, this coverage can help protect your business’s finances.
What is Property Insurance?
Property: Can include the building you own, leased office space, the desks and property inside from the outdoor sign to your computer equipment, and even the store inventory.
Business Owner’s Policy: Similar to a homeowners insurance policy, a BOP packages a lot of different coverages in one policy. It’s a conveniently packaged insurance product with flexibility to meet the needs of many types of business owners. It can also help cover lost income if your business is unable to operate after a natural disaster like a hurricane, or wild fire.
What kind of business does a BOP cover?
The BOP can cover a variety of different businesses such as a clothing store, beauty salon, restaurant, office executive suites, professional office space and so much more. If you have prior insurance and have been in business for 2 years or more, you may be eligible for preferred rates.
Click here to submit your quote request and see if you qualify.
- Accountants, bookkeeping firms and notaries
- Attorneys, consultants, financial advisors
- Architects, commercial graphic artists and print shops
- Dentists, oral surgeons, chiropractors and veterinarians
- Insurance agents, investment brokers and management consultants
- Interior decorators and design
- Medical clinics, medical and dental offices
- Opticians, optometrists and psychologists
- Physicians, surgeons, physiotherapists and podiatrists
- Mortgage brokers, real estate agents and appraisers
- Churches or Day care and child care centers
- Restaurants, Deli, and Taverns
- Concession stands, Catering, Food Trailer and Food Trucks
- Ice Cream Shop, Coffee shop or Cafe
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning
- Grocery, Convenience, Liquor Stores
We offer a broad range of commercial insurance coverages including Business Owners Policy (BOP) Property, Building, General Liability, Commercial Automobile, Inland Marine, Workers Compensation, Cyber Liability, Employment Practices Liability, Builders Risk, Excess Umbrella and more.