Happy Thanksgiving from Britton and Britton Insurance
We want to give thanks to our clients, friends, neighbors and family. We are especially thankful for you and appreciate your support of a local family business.
You are one of our blessings! Thank you.
The kitchen is often the heart of the home especially during the holidays. One of my favorite moments is selecting a new recipe to mix in with the traditional favorites– and test my patience. This year I am excited to try baking Gail Simmons’ Salted Chocolate Pecan Pie.
With Thanksgiving dinner around the corner I need to get shopping for this dessert effort. However, first it brings to mind that this is a good time to consider some home safety tips to help make the holiday safe and happy.
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking or baking so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Make sure kids stay away from the stove, sharp objects hot food and liquids.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over objects such as pets, toys, or bags.
- Be sure electric cords are not dangling off the counter within easy reach of a child or pet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle, fireplace or kitchen.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working.
- Go test your home smoke alarm by pushing the test button.
When preparing your home for Thanksgiving it is hard to go wrong with the “ounce of prevention” method. However, if you happen to suffer a holiday cooking disaster call 911 or emergency services. In the event you need to file a claim, simply check your condo, renters or home insurance policy for the claim reporting telephone number. Most of the insurance companies we partner with offer 24/7 live policy service or assistance.
Wishing you and the world a blessed season filled with love, understanding, and bright moments. Happy Thanksgiving!