May is National Electrical Safety Month
Britton and Britton Insurance agents can do more than give you a car insurance quote or field your questions about your Texas policy. We also know industry secrets that can help you save on your insurance premium!
3 ways to receive a discount on your vehicle insurance
- Usage-based auto insurance
- Continuous insurance coverage with no lapse between renewals
- Bundle your home insurance policy with your independent insurance agent. Did you know you can also bundle your boat, recreational vehicles, renters, landlord, or condo owners insurance for discounts?
What is usage-based insurance?
Some insurance companies provide a smartphone app, which gives you and the insurance company insight into your driving habits. That means you pay based on how well and how much you drive, instead of just traditional factors and assumptions.
How is my usage-based auto insurance discount determined?
The smartphone app will score driving behavior using a combination of factors that have been shown to increase the risk of an accident. Some factors that may impact your insurance rate:
- Unnecessary hard braking
- Quick starts or screeching your tires from a stopped position
- The amount of time of handheld phone use while driving
What do I need to know?
There are three programs for usage-based insurance that we offer at Britton Insurance; RightTrack, SnapShot, and IntelliDrive. While your rate could increase with high-risk driving, most drivers save with Progressive’s Snapshot or Travelers IntelliDrive – up to 20%. The RightTrack discount programs, through Safeco Insurance, guarantees a minimum 5% discount at the end of the program and up to a 30% discount for good drivers.
Usage-based insurance rewards you for your safe driving by putting you in control of your policy savings.