Thanks to the increasing numbers of natural disasters, availability of materials, and demand for new construction, Texans have seen increase in property insurance the past couple years. A perfect storm of market trends has driven up the cost of building homes — and with it the cost of insuring them for repair and replacement.
Homeowner’s insurance costs vary based on numerous factors from age of home, location, type construction and so on. Some companies offer home insurance discounts for things like having multiple policies with the same company or installing security devices. There are several ways to lower your insurance cost and save on your home insurance premiums.
Which Insurance Company Offers The Most Discounts?
It may take some time, however, you could save a few dollars by comparing quotes. As an independent agent we compare insurance quotes with multiple insurance companies for you. We have a fiduciary responsibility to you, which means we do not work for the insurance company. Britton and Britton insurance agents work for you! Not only do we compare quotes and pricing you can ask us about benefits, perks, discounts, or any question you have about insurance.
Every insurance company offers multiple discounts on your auto, condo, or home insurance policy. For example, some may offer 2% for a security alarm and another 10%. Ultimately the coverage is what is most important. Once you establish the coverage you prefer then we can start comparing discounts. It may turn out the carrier with the biggest discounts has the highest premium in the end.
Your local personal agent can do the hard work for you, and there is no cost for the research.
How Many Discounts Does Your Homeowners Insurance Have?
Clients whose primary residence is a single-family residence, townhouse, condominium or mobile home – owned and resided in by the named insured – qualify for Homeownership discount. Check out more great discounts below – the savings can really add up!
- Prior Insurance: Clients with continuous insurance coverage over the previous 6 months qualify for a discount on your new policy. If you have continuous coverage for more than 12, or 36 months, you may receive a bigger discount when quoting a new policy!
- Advance Quote Savings: Do you know, if you obtain a quote ahead of your expiring policy effective date you may qualify for an advance quote discount? Often asking us for a quote eight – thirty days in advance will receive the highest discount available. However, discounts begin as early as one day in advance with some of our insurance companies. Being proactive and obtain an early signing discount is an easy way to save .
- Prevention Discounts: Ask us about steps you can take to make your home more resistant to windstorms and other natural disasters. You may be able to save on your premiums by adding water leak detection device, automatic water shutoff, low temperature sensor, smoke detector, security alarm, storm shutters, reinforcing your roof or buying stronger roofing materials. When you take steps to help protect your home against water damage, theft, accidents or weather, you may reduce your risk of filing an insurance claim and receive discount.
- New Home Discount: because all the features of the home are new—such as pipes and electrical systems utility service lines—and generally under a builders warrant the premiums are often lower on a newly constructed home.
- No Claims Discount: Fewer claims means less expense to maintain the policy and insurance companies will pass that discount on to you.
- Custom Quote: One side does not fit all. Every quote and policy can be customized to your needs. So again, it’s about what coverage is important to you.
- Loyalty Discount & Perks: Earn reward such as accident forgiveness, disappearing deductibles, accident or claim forgiveness. If you've kept your coverage with a company for several years, you may receive a special discount for being a long-term policyholder.
- Companion Policy Discount: Bundle your insurance policies under one package and save. The more policies you have with our insurance company, the more you save. Ask us to quote your home, condo, auto, boat, camper, scooter or umbrella and maximize your bundle discounts.
- Deductible Discounts: Deductibles are the amount of money you must pay toward a covered loss before your insurance company starts to pay a claim. The higher your deductible, the more money you can save on your premiums. A higher deductible typically means lower premiums. While you may have to pay a bit more out of pocket toward a covered claim, you'll likely notice some savings in your premium payments.
- Billing plan: Clients who pay their policy term premium in full at inception or renewal qualify for a discount. Of course, you don’t always have to pay in full to get a billing discount. Some insurance companies offer discounts for 2 pay plan, monthly EFT draft and other combinations.
Think of us as your personal shopper for all of your insurance needs and get a quote today!
*Descriptions of insurance products and packages are meant to offer general ideas only, are necessarily brief, and are subject to policy provisions, limits, deductibles, exclusions, and conditions that can only be expressed in the policy itself. In the event of a conflict, the terms and conditions of your policy prevail